- Butchart Gardens – the holiday lights are a must see along with the summer fireworks
- Royal BC Museum
- Walk around Old Town and Chinatown
- Afternoon Tea at the Fairmont Empress
- Downtown Winter Market
- There is a great public bus system you can use to get from downtown out to Butchart Gardens and other local attractions
- Budget Rental cars can be picked up downtown
- If you choose to drive, remember that the speed limit is in kilometers not in miles
- If you are leaving from Seattle, consider taking the Victoria Clipper. You can be in downtown Victoria in 2 hours and 45 minutes. No traffic jams, no screaming kids strapped in a car seat for hours.
- John’s Place– for a hearty and pretty cheap breakfast head over to this local favorite. Lines can get long on the weekend so show up early if possible.